- Copyright Rights: All materials posted on the Site are subject to copyrights owned by CHPA and other individuals or entities and are protected by United States and international copyright laws. Except for videos and public service announcements, you are authorized to copy and distribute materials posted on the Site in their entirety for personal purposes consistent with the nature of this Site, but only if the materials are not offered in exchange for consideration or incorporated in any work offered in exchange for consideration. In addition, except for videos and public service announcements, you may copy and distribute materials posted on the Site in their entirety for professional purposes consistent with the nature of this Site, but only if the materials are not offered in exchange for consideration or incorporated in any work offered in exchange for consideration, and if the copying and distribution of the materials is ancillary to your primary business activity. Unless we or the copyright owner of the material has expressly granted prior consent, you may not create derivative works from the materials on the Site. All other rights are reserved. If you have any questions or would like to request permission to copy and/or distribute a video or public service announcement, please contact us.
- Trade and Service Mark Rights: Our names, trademarks, service marks, and logos, whether or not appearing in large print or with the trademark symbol, belong exclusively to CHPA and are protected from reproduction, imitation, dilution, or confusing or misleading uses under national and international trademark and copyright laws. All other trademarks, service marks, and logos (including third-party product names) are the property of their respective owners. The use or misuse of these trademarks or any materials is expressly prohibited and nothing stated or implied on this Site confers on you any license or right under any patent or trademark of CHPA or any third party.
- Links to Third-Party Sites, Services and Content: As a convenience to you, we may provide links on the Site to web sites, services and content offered by third parties. You agree that we are not responsible for the accuracy, legality or any other aspect (including the privacy and data security practices) of such sites, services and content. When we include such links on the Site, we are not endorsing, sponsoring or otherwise recommending any third-party site, service or content.
- User Content: The Site may include features that allow you to post content on the Site or communicate with others. This content and communication may be submitted either on the Site or on third-party websites that identify or are co-branded with our name or trademarks, and may include text, images, photographs, audio, video, or other material (collectively, “User Content”). You agree not to post, or attempt to post, User Content that:
- contains any material that could be considered unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, indecent, sexually explicit, or hateful, or content that refers negatively to people or groups on the basis of their race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, or similar characteristics;
- is posted in a false name or the name of another person, or includes impersonations of any person;
- includes illegal material or encourages, solicits, or glorifies illegal activity;
- contains false statements or misrepresentations that could damage you, us, or a third party;
- includes commercial advertisements or solicitations, except if we have specifically authorized their inclusion;
- includes, purports to include, or seeks, medical or other professional advice; or
- includes material we believe in good faith to be otherwise objectionable.
- License Granted: We do not claim ownership of any information or material you transmit, distribute, post, communicate, or store on, to, or through the Site. However, by submitting or posting information or material on, to, or through the Site, you grant CHPA a world-wide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display such content anywhere, for any purpose, and in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes.By posting or submitting content to this Site, you also warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content of the public posting, and that our use of your content will not infringe or violate the intellectual property, trade secret, privacy, publicity, or other rights of you or any third party.
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability: THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS.” CHPA MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY PART THEREOF, OR ANY WEB SITE OR OTHER CONTENT OR SERVICE THAT MAY BE ACCESSIBLE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY THROUGH THE SITE. CHPA DISCLAIMS TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY AND ALL SUCH REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES. IN NO EVENT WILL CHPA OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THIS SERVICE, OR ANY WEB SITE LINKED TO THIS SERVICE, BE LIABLE IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS, USE, OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SERVICE OR ANY SITE LINKED TO THIS SERVICE, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ALTERATION, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE.
- Choice of Law and Forum: These conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia, excluding its conflict of law rules. You and CHPA expressly agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts in the District of Columbia in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this Site.
- No Professional Advice: Any information supplied on the Site and/or by any employee or agent of CHPA, whether by telephone, e-mail, letter, facsimile, or other form of communication, does not constitute medical, legal, tax, accounting, or other professional advice. Individual situations and state laws vary and users are encouraged to obtain appropriate advice from qualified professionals in the applicable jurisdictions.
- Questions: If you have questions concerning these terms and conditions, and/or your use of the Site, please contact us.
Updated: March 1, 2011
Copyright ©2011, CHPA
All rights reserved.